Seniors from Military Families can receive up to $5,000 in scholarship to further their education
Lendlease wants to make you aware of an opportunity for graduating high school seniors to receive up to $5,000 in scholarships to further their education through Lendlease’s BlueStar Scholarship program.
BlueStar Scholarships’ purpose is to recognize the service of the military families living in Lendlease communities and to honor the many sacrifices of their children.
This is a particularly challenging year for seniors across the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic; through this program, we hope to enable more students to begin their college education and to ultimately become valued leaders in their field of study.”– Phillip Carpenter, Chairman of the Board for Lendlease (US) Community Fund.
Sponsored by Lendlease (US) Community Fund, BlueStar Scholarships was created in 2012 and has since committed $833,800 to the sons and daughters of military service members throughout the United States.
Lendlease recognizes the importance of higher education in today’s increasingly digital and rapidly changing world but understands the difficult financial decisions that come along with it. The scholarship fund serves as a tangible commitment to easing the financial burdens for Americas’ military families who have already made countless sacrifices for our country.
When are Lendlease’s BlueStar Scholarship Program applications due?
Applications are due June 1, 2020.
Who is eligible to apply for Lendlease’s BlueStar Scholarship Program?
Scholarship recipients will be selected based on financial need, community service, leadership and extracurricular activities.
Students living in the following Lendlease communities are welcome to apply:
- Atlantic Marine Corps Communities
- Camp Lejeune / New River
- Cherry Point
- Stewart Terrace
- Campbell Crossing
- Knox Hills
- Fort Hood Family Housing
- Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes
- Soaring Heights Communities
- Holloman AFB
- Davis-Monthan AFB
- Tierra Vista Communities
- Los Angeles AFB
- Schriever AFB
- Island Palm Communities
- Hickam Communities
- North Haven Communities
- Fort Wainwright
- Fort Greely
How can I apply for the Lendlease BlueStar Scholarship Program?
The scholarship program application is unique to the military housing community your family lives in. Please select your community hyperlink below to be directed to the correct application.
- Beaufort, SC [Atlantic Marine Corps Communities at Tri-Command]
- Jacksonville, NC [Atlantic Marine Corps Communities at Camp Lejeune / New River]
- Havelock, NC [Atlantic Marine Communities at Cherry Point]
- Chicopee, MA [Atlantic Marine Communities at Westover]
- New Windsor, NY [Atlantic Marine Corps Communities at Stewart Terrace]
- Fort Campbell, KY [Campbell Crossing]
- Fort Drum, NY [Fort Drum Mountain Community Homes]
- Fort Hood, TX [Fort Hood Family Housing]
- Honolulu, HI [Hickam Communities]
- Schofield Barracks, HI [Island Palm Communities]
- Fort Knox, KY [Knox Hills]
- Fort Wainwright, AK [North Haven Communities at Fort Wainwright]
- Fort Greely, AK [North Haven Communities at Fort Greely]
- Alamogordo, NM [Soaring Heights Communities at Holloman AFB]
- Tucson, AZ [Davis-Monthan AFB Soaring Heights Communities]
- Los Angeles, CA [Tierra Vista Communities Los Angeles AFB]
- Colorado Springs, CO [Tierra Vista Communities Schriever AFB]
- Colorado Springs, CO [Tierra Vista Communities Peterson]
Looking for more military child scholarships?
About the Lendlease Community Fund
Lendlease (US) Community Fund is a nonprofit organization that focuses its efforts on supporting the Military men and women who live in our homes and neighborhoods and the communities where Lendlease employees work and live. We support growth and development by funding projects that address community challenges in the areas of housing, education, health, economic development, and environmental sustainability and create or support programming that improves the quality of life for military families who sacrifice so much for us. www.lendlease.com
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas. Our vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, Lendlease has approximately 13,000 employees internationally.
Our core capabilities are reflected in our operating segments of Development, Construction and Investments. The combination of these three segments provides us with a sustainable competitive advantage and allows us to provide innovative integrated solutions for our customers.
In the US, Lendlease’s Communities business is the nation’s leader in public/private community development. With a focus on creating sustainable value, Lendlease creates communities that regenerate our environment, enrich people’s lives and foster economic growth. Lendlease has worked extensively with the Department of Defense through the Military Housing Privatization Initiative (MHPI), a program that provides for the transfer of military housing assets to private sector companies. With over 40,000 residential units, 192 apartments and more than 12,000 hotel rooms in its portfolio, Lendlease will finance, develop, build, renovate and operate these sites for at least 50 years. www.lendlease.com